Monday, September 7, 2009

Food Storage Challenge...Let the games begin!

So, I have had a strong desire lately to get my food storage growing again. I have challenged myself to get going on better preparing my family for any rough times that may come. We were doing great at it before we left Rexburg, but have really slacked off since we moved back home. I guess the 2 moves in 3.5 months may have something to do with it...but anyhoo...I am now ready to jump back in. I would love to get some ideas from you all as well. I am going to share what I find as I go. So, here is the first discovery I have made.

It is called Food Storage Made Easy...here is the link http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/

It is a couple of awesome ladies that have put together 10 baby steps that help us to make the process a bit easier not to mention that is is free! The web site is super fun and it is totally geared for the modern woman. They even have it all cutseyfied (if that is a word). They also have a 100 page binder you can print out that has all the steps with cute graphics etc ($17). If you don't want to fork out the $17 smackers, you can just follow the steps online. It is all there.

They also have videos that help you with the web site as well as some of the steps. The main downloads I snatched are

1. The 3 Mo Food Storage Excel Spreadsheet found in baby step 3 ...I suggest watching the video that shows you how the spreadsheet is meant to work. It helped me out a ton.

2. The Food Storage Calculator Found in Baby Step Four on the Web site. It is sweet! It lets you type in the number of people in your family and calculates it.

I am still studying the web site and loving all their ideas. I will keep you all posted with what else I come across in my wanderings.

Please share your ideas and resources with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment